Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Logan's Alive!!

This morning we went to the park and had a great time playing with Lisa and Caden Ellis!! Logan and Caden are great buddies! They love to swing and play on the alligator together. Logan loves to play in the sand, and can't wait for Caden to be old enough to play in it with him! When we got home, I started tickling Logan on the floor and with his mouth wide open smiling I could see some sort of discoloration on the roof of his mouth. My first thought was that his mouth had been burned somehow, but we don't give him hot foods. I felt around a little, and it did feel a little rough but nothing moved. By this time my curiosity was piqued! I went looking for a flashlight. When I couldn't find one, I called Radez to see if he knew where one was since part of our house is packed up to help sell the house. As I was on the phone with him (thankfully) Logan started choking. Immediately, I noticed that there was no longer any discoloration on the roof of his mouth. Whatever that had been was now blocking his airway. I automatically thrust my finger down the back of his mouth and throat trying to dislodge whatever was being held captive there. When that didn't seem to be helping, I started hitting his back. Really, I have no idea if that actually helped or not but after a couple times I heard a beautiful scream coming out! I was a little shaken up afterwards. After taking some time to think through it though, I realized that this was the third time in Logan's short 9 months that he has stopped breathing (twice from choking and once from a breath holding spell which was most likely also choking just from reflux). It was tempting to wonder what I have been doing wrong here, but thankfully I know that God is in control of Logan's life. He purposefully planned these situations and will use them for His glory. He has definitely shown me through these times to not take Logan's life or life in general for granted! It is only by His grace that we have life! I continually pray that God will protect Logan's life and one day allow him to see that he is sinful (even from birth) and in need of a Savior. If you think about it, please pray for him too!!















2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh man, I can so relate. These times only make your prayer life stronger!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, Logan is absolutely precious, and you guys look so happy! I love the picture of you guys at the top of your blog...very cute!! :)