Saturday, November 15, 2008

"Cheese Please"

Logan has been talking in phrases here and there for a while now, but he is saying more and more lately. A couple of nights ago he was so cute sitting in his high chair saying "cheese please" over and over again! The more we laughed at him, the more he said it! A couple of weeks ago I started noticing him babble for a bit and then say "you Daddy" or "you Mommy". I thought I had heard him say "I love you" in some of those, but last week he clearly said "I love you Daddy!". One morning this week he woke up and from his crib started calling out, "I want you Mama!". Of course I ran right to him and gave him a hug! It seems that everyday for about a week now I've been able to distinguish at least one sentence out of his babbling.

Logan has been practicing stacking blocks lately. He usually stacks three and then tries for a fourth, but knocks it down instead. Today Logan stacked five small wooden blocks on top of each other!

Tonight when I was giving Logan his passy before bed I asked him what color it was, and he said "orrge" or orange! I couldn't believe it! I had no idea he was starting to understand the colors I keep talking about!

Some of the pictures in the slide show are of one of Logan's favorite things to do for the last several weeks. Stand, sit, stand, sit, stand, and then of course..sit! Not only does he do this in his cute little chair, but he also does it on a shoebox, Daddy's guitar case, the stairs, or anything else he can find. Another thing I realized recently that he's been doing for months now is that anytime I hang up the phone with someone, Logan echoes my "bye". So if you've called in the last two and a half months, Logan has probably told you "bye" too! One other thing that has been very sweet to watch is Logan's love for books and reading. He routinely asks to be read books after breakfast and before bedtime, but also all through the day he loves to either "read" on his own or be read to.

Logan is growing so quickly, I thank God daily for every second I get to spend with him. Hopefully I can track some of the precious things he does on this blog.




1 comment:

Sarah Robbins said...

He is just too, too cute!! It must be so much fun to hear him talking now. Thanks for sharing your pictures.